- US Virgin Islands: Approved by USVI Public Services Commission to build a 15MW OTEC System. Negotiations in progress for 2 further contracts with USVI Government for potable and bottled water.
- American Samoa: Signed MoU with American Samoa Power Authority and American Samoa Department of Commerce for OTE to prepare costs for several OTEC related projects including fossil-fuel free electricity, seawater, air-conditioning and a comprehensive economic development plan utilizing the OTEC ancillary products such as potable/bottle water and high-profit aquaculture, mariculture, and agriculture opportunities.
- The Philippines: Multiple OTEC/Potable Water plants – OTE has attended meetings with representatives of the Philippines government and is working with the US Department of Commerce and the US Embassy in Manila, Philippines to further discussions with several prospective business partners
- Cayman Islands: SWAC plant for the new Health City medical campus - signed General Terms Agreement (GTA). Contract discussions in progress
- The Bahamas: OTE has designed a large SWAC system for the new Baha Mar resort in The Bahamas and has signed our customer to a 20-year contract (known as an Energy Service Agreement (ESA)) where we will supply seawater cooling to five hotels and a 100,000 square foot casino. Project will commence when the resort opens. OTE has also signed an MoU for combined OTEC/potable water/aquaculture opportunities in the Bahamas.
- US Territories in the Pacific Rim: Combined OTEC/Potable Water/Sustainable Food production opportunities - proposals submitted to the US Government and discussions are advanced for OTEC and/or SWAC Plants for Guam, Diego Garcia, and other Military Bases in the Asia Pacific region
- Zanzibar, Tanzania, Africa: OTEC/Potable Water plants - signed MoU
If you are interested in submitting a project for OTE's consideration, please fill out the form here and email the completed form to Becky Wink Cooper.